High Efficiency Rotary Dryer
Rotary dryer is designed to dry wood chips, sawdust, wood shavings,
bagasse, grinded fiber from EFB, coconut shell, straw, stalk and
any biomass material. It can reduce the moisture from 50-60% to
8-12% according to different requirement on the final usage of
Rotary dryer is made up of main drum tube, base rolling roller,
reducer/gearbox, feeding chute, discharge chute, heating stove, air
fan, cyclone, air lock, connection pipes and electric panel.
* The drum tube is the main part of rotary dryer, the diameter and
length of the drum tube decide the capacity of rotary dryer and
moisture reducing ability of rotary dryer. Inside the drum tube
there is material raising plate, these plate is welding inside the
drum tube by special design, the position and angle of these plate
can raise up the material and move the material from feeding end to
discharge end when material padding the drum tube.
* During material passing the drum tube, material mix with hot air
supplied from heating stove, the hot air can vapor the water
content in raw material.
The heating stove have different solutions:
Traditionally use common heating stove building by cement and
firebricks, this kind of heating stove use wood or biomass material
ass fuel source.
Nowadays, people also use furnace to provide hot air to rotary
dryer, the furnace can use wood pellets, sawdust, wood chips,
natural gas or heavy oil as fuel source
Some client have big generator on site, also can send the waste air
from generator to drum tube to provide heating source.
* The rolling rollers and reducer is the base of drum dryer, the
rollers and gear form transmission system to drum tube, the motor
of reducer is VFD control from electric panel, it can adjust the
rotating speed of drum tube so that to control the moisture
reducing ability. If the raw material moisture content is relative
high adjust from the VFD to let drum tube rotating slower, if raw
material moisture content is relative low adjust from VFD to let
the drum tube rotating faster.
* The air fan is installed at end of drum dryer, it is used to
provide suction to drum tube thus to move out the vapor from drum
tube, at end of drum tube, the dried raw material discharged from
the discharge chute, and the air fan suction the vapor and dust
then send them to cyclone unit.
* The cyclone and airlock is used for de-dust purpose at end of
Advantage of drum dryer
- Simple structure, easy to operation
- Widely application, suitable for different kind of raw material
- Gear transmission system, the drum tube is transferred by the gear
on the tube and reducer, to improve transmission efficiency
- Drum tube rotating speed adjustable from the VFD in electric panel,
to meet different drying requirement.
- High moisture vapor ability
- Conveyor system feeding and discharge, labor saving
- Equipped with air fan, cyclone and airlock, can control the dust to
make the user’s factory clean, if want better dust control effect,
we can provide pulse duster collector.
Technical data of drum dryer
|Feeding material||Sawdust/wood chips/bagasse/husk and any biomass material size
|Inlet hot air temperature||150-300 Celsius|
|Max initial moisture||50%|
|After drying moisture||8-15% adjustable|
|Transmission motor power||5.5||7.5Kw||11kw||15Kw||22Kw||30Kw||37Kw|
|Air fan motor power||5.5||7.5Kw||11Kw||18.5 Kw||22Kw||30Kw||37Kw|
|Airlock motor power||0.55||0.75Kw||1.1Kw||1.5Kw||1.5Kw||2.2Kw||3Kw|
|Cyclone diameter||600mm||800mm||1000mm||1200 mm||1400mm||1600mm||1800mm|