Movable Fresh Bell Peppers Forced Air Cooler High Airflow Fan
Forced - Air Coolers
The energy cost for forced-air cooling can be greater or less than
that for simple room cooling, depending on how carefully the system
is used. The faster cooling possible with the forced-air method
allows for greater use of the cooling facilities, reducing overall
operating costs. In addition, since the amount of time required to
cool a load of produce is much shorter, less energy is needed to
remove heat produced by respiration and to overcome heat gain
through the walls, ceiling, and floor of the building.
On the other hand, forced-air cooling is likely to increase the
overall energy cost slightly by increasing electrical demand, a
measure of the rate at which electricity is consumed. Demand cost
contributes significantly to the electrical power bill for most
cooling facilities. To reduce demand cost, produce should not be
cooled any faster than necessary. Forced-air cooling can also
increase cooling cost by increasing the cooling load per unit of
time. Quicker cooling requires larger refrigeration units, the cost
of which must be amortized over the life of the facility. The
benefits of forced-air cooling, however, far outweigh the costs.
Cooling Rate of Forced - Air Cooler System
Forced-air cooling is accomplished by exposing packages of produce
in a cooling room to higher air pressure on one side than on the
other. This pressure difference forces the cool air through the
packages and past the produce, where it picks up heat, greatly
increasing the rate of heat transfer. Depending on the temperature,
airflow rate, and type of produce being cooled, forced-air cooling
can be from 4 to 10 times faster than room cooling.
The graph of time and temperature in Figure 1 illustrates the
response of a typical commodity to airflow rates. The beginning
temperature of the produce (pulp temperature) is represented by Ta.
This temperature varies with ambient conditions and the amount of
field heat in the produce; it normally ranges from 15 to 32
Forced Air Coolers are Suitable for:
Artichokes, Avocados, Green Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage,
Cantaloupes, Cauliflower, Cherries, Cucumbers, Grapes, Honeydews,
Kiwi, Nectarines, Okra, Onions (dry), Peaches, Bell Peppers, Plums,
Summer Squash, Strawberries, Tomatoes and more.
Benefits of Forced - Air Cooling
1. It decreases the time the produce remains at elevated
temperatures, thereby reducing deterioration;
2. It results in shorter cooling times and thus more efficient use
of the cooling facility;
3. It can cool produce effectively in a variety of unopened
containers without wetting it or subjecting it to excessive
4. It is often more energy efficient than room cooling when large
volumes of produce must be cooled;
5. An available room-cooling facility with adequate cooling
capacity can be converted to forced-air cooling with only a
relatively small investment in fans
Features of Forced - Air Cooling
1. High surface area cooling coil
2. High air flow fan capacity
3. Galvanized steel housing for long term protection against
4. Optimum temperature differential to achieve desired relative
5. Touchscreen controls with PLC
6. Multispeed control for room cooling conditions
7. Ammonia and “Freon” models available
8. Various defrosting options
Real Energy Saving!
The multispeed capability is a real energy saver over other single
speed pre-cooling systems and can, in some cases, result in utility
company rebates. Advanced temperature controls and PLC's on
multiple systems are used to control the unit's functions, which
are capable of interfacing with PC based plant management systems.
1. Reply your enquire in 24 working hours.
2. Experienced staffs are able to answer all your questions in
profesional and fluent English.
3. Exclusive and unique solution can be provided to our customer by
our well-trained and professional engineers and staffs.
4. Different kind of customized cold storage rooms are available.
All reasonable suggestions are welcome.
5. Overseas service center availale and engineers available to
service machinary overseas.
6. Supply the forced - air cooler system of high quality in China.
ALLCOLD precooling systems are complete with packaged refrigeration
systems and cooling units, ready for field installation.