What Is Danshen Root Extract ?
Danshen, also known as salvia miltiorrhiza, red sage, Chinese sage
or tan shen, it is a perennial plant in the genus Salvia and highly
valued for its roots in traditional Chinese medicine.
Danshen root extract is used for stroke, chest pain (angina
pectoris), and other diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
Danshen root extract is also used for menstrual disorders, chronic
liver disease, and trouble sleeping caused by complaints such as
rapid heartbeat and tight chest. Sometimes danshen is used for skin
conditions, such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema. Salvia
miltiorrhiza extract is also used to relieve bruising and to aid in
Danshen Root P.E.
Herb Source: Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge.
Major Components: Tanshinone IIA, Salvianolic Acid B, Danshensu,
Specifications: Tanshinone IIA 3%-95%, Salvianolic Acid B 5%-15%,
Test Method: HPLC
Appearance: Brown-red powder
CAS#: 568-73-0 (Tanshinone)
Molecular weight: 294.34
Pharmacology: Role of coronary artery: treatment of coronary heart
disease, can improve the coronary circulation, inhibit thrombosis
disease. Danshensu a significant expansion of coronary artery,
increase coronary blood flow, reducing myocardial oxygen
consumption, heart rate and increase the role of myocardial
contractility; Danshen capsule expansion animals comfortable
arteriole, the capillary network and opening up in number and speed
up the flow of blood , flow, thus improving microcirculation;
anti-infective; for the treatment of cervical erosion.
Functions of Danshen Root Extract with Salvianolic Acid B and
1. Danshen root extract can remove blood stasis and relieve pain.
2. Danshen extract can promote the flow of blood and stimulate
3. Salvia miltiorrhiza extract can expand blood vessels, increase
coronary blood flow and reduce blood pressure.
4. Danshen root extract powder can tranquilize and ease pain.
5. Danshen root extract is used to remove the acne and comedo.
6. Danshen root extract can be used as antioxidant.
7. Red sage root extract has the function of quench free-radicals
8. Danshen root extract is used for treating the myocardial
infarction, Parkinsons disease.
Applications of Danshen Root Extract with Salvianolic Acid B and
1. In food field, danshen root extract is added into kinds of
beverage, liquor and foods as functional food additive.
2. Applied in health product field, salvia miltiorrhiza extract can
prevent chronic diseases or relief symptom of climacteric syndrome.
3. Applied in cosmetics field, danshen extract can delay aging and
compacting skin, thus make skin much smooth and delicate.
4. Danshen root extract owns estrogenic effect and relief symptom
of climacteric syndrome.
Package & Storage
1. 25kgs/drum, inner by double plastic bag, 1~20kg by aluminum foil
2. Stored in a cool & dry well-closed container, keep away from
moisture and strong light/heat.
3. Shelf life: Two years under well storage situat