Here is a popular adult-size knee walker from Drive Medical.
Sometimes called a leg walker, this specialized mobility aid was
designed for those who cannot bear weight on a lower leg but need
better mobility than that given by traditional crutches. Similar to
a child's kick-scooter toy, the "knee scooter" does not demand any
upper body strength, but allows the healthy leg to maintain its
normal use. A knee and leg walker like this Drive Medical model is
stable enough for safety, and easy to use.
The Drive Medical Knee Walker is adjustable for either leg, and
allows adjustment for height as well. The 8" caster wheels do an
excellent job indoors or out, while the handbrake keeps you safe
from the leg walker slipping out beneath. Able to bear a 300 lb.
weight capacity, this knee walker is an affordable alternative to
crutches, and is a perfect combination of safety, convenience and
enhanced mobility.(Editor's note: when I was young and had a broken leg, my father
said he was going to strap a skateboard on me and let me push
myself along rather than try to balance on crutches. I cannot help
but believe someone was later inspired by this same "leg scooter"
idea when inventing the knee and leg walker.)
Features and Benefits of the Drive Medical Knee Walker:
- Change from left to right leg without tools
- For indoor or outdoor use
- Perfect mobility aid for someone recovering from foot surgery,
breaks, sprains, amputation and ulcers of the foot
- Deluxe lever brake for safety
- Easy height adjustment without tools
- 8" casters
- 300 lb. weight capacity
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Lifetime Warranty on brake cable
- Drive Medical Knee Walker Owners' Manual
- Drive Medical Knee Walker Brochure