| | | |
NEMA > Member Products
The Medical Imaging & Technology Alliance (MITA), a division of
the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), is the
collective voice of medical imaging equipment manufacturers,
innovators, and product developers. It represents companies whose
sales comprise more than 90 percent of the global market for
medical imaging technology. These technologies include:
- Medical X-ray equipment
- Computed tomography (CT) scanners
- Nuclear imaging
- Radiation therapy equipment
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Imaging information systems
MITA provides leadership for the medical imaging industry on legislative
and regulatory issues at the state, federal, and international levels. It serves as an
advocate for fair legislative and regulatory proposals that
encourage innovation, investment in research and development, and
the continued global competitiveness of the medical imaging
MITA is also a leading standards-development organization for
medical imaging equipment. These standards are voluntary guidelines that establish commonly
accepted methods of design, production, testing and communication
for imaging and cancer treatment products. Sound technical
standards of this kind improve safety and foster efficiencies in
how care is delivered.
- MITA Reduced Infographics
- MITA: Improves Health & Saves Lives, Lowers Healthcare Costs,
Creates High-Tech Jobs
- Increase the awareness and understanding of the value of medical
- Achieve efficient and reasonable regulation of medical imaging
- Interact with appropriate government agencies on reimbursement and
technology assessment policies
- Expand the global acceptance of the MITA digital communications
standard (DICOM) that allows digital imaging technologies to
- Improve regulatory harmonization of the global market for medical
- Develop and represent industry positions in technical, trade and
- Provide market data unique to this industry
Please visit the MITA website at www.medicalimaging.org
- An Unwise Tax on Medical Innovation
- Lung Cancer Community Applauds Latest Research Confirming
Life-Saving, Low-Cost Benefits of Lung Cancer Early Detection in
- MITA Says New JAMA Research Confirms the Significant Value of 3D
Mammography in Breast Cancer Screening
- NEMA Publishes NEMA NU 1-2012 Performance Measurements of Gamma
- Agfa HealthCare launches new IMPAX REM1, for Radiation Exposure
- Acertara Acoustic Laboratories
- Advanced Accelerator Applications, USA
- Agfa HealthCare
- AllTech Medical Systems America, Inc.
- Bayer Radiology and Interventional
- Blue Earth Diagnostics
- Bracco Diagnostics Inc.
- Brainlab AG
- Canon Healthcare Solutions
- Capintec, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- EIZO Corporation
- Eli Lilly & Company
- EOS imaging
- Esaote North America
- FluoroPharma Medical, Inc.
- FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.
- FUJIFILM Sonosite, Inc.
- Gamma Medica, Inc.
- GE Healthcare
- Hitachi Medical Systems America, Inc.
- Hologic Inc.
- Ionetix Corporation
- Jubilant DraxImage Inc.
- Konica Minolta Medical Imaging USA, Inc.
- Landauer, Inc.
- Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc.
- LAP of America Laser Applications LLC
- McKesson Enterprise Medical Imaging
- MEDIAN Technologies, Inc.
- Medis Medical Imaging Systems BV
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Mevion Medical Systems, Inc.
- Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NeuroLogica A Subsidiary of Samsung Electronics
- Neusoft Medical Systems, USA, Inc.
- Numa, Inc.
- Photo Diagnostic Systems Inc.
- Piramal Imaging Limited
- Samsung Medison
- Shimadzu Medical Systems USA
- Siemens Healthcare
- Spectrum Dynamics Medical, Inc.
- Stratovan Corporation
- Swissray International, Inc.
- The Phantom Laboratory
- Toshiba America Medical Systems
- Unisyn A division of GE Healthcare
- Vital Images, Inc.
- Zevacor Molecular
- Ziehm Imaging, Inc.