Pharmaceutical Water System
The pharmaceutical water system is mainly used for infusion
solutions, injection water treatment, oral solution water
treatment, medicine bacteria free water and artificial kidney
dialysis water treatment, etc.
RO Technology: Reverse osmosis method for pure water production is a kind of new
technology which is developed in 60s. Because its technological
operation is simple, very economical, with great efficiency in
desalination and pyrogen removal, United States Pharmacopoeia takes
RO technology as one of legal injection water production methods
from version 19.
Principle: Reverse osmosis is the inverse process of osmosis. It is a
membrane filtration method that removes many types of large
molecules and ions from solutions by applying pressure to the
solution when it is on one side of a selective membrane.
The pharmaceutical water system adopts WS-RO-D series medical grade
reverse osmosis machine, applicable to making various
pharmaceutical preparation, prescription, infusion solutions and
injection water. Generally, medicinal water is produced by
distillation method. We make use of our own strength and long-term
practice to develop a series of RO technology-based medical grade
water purification systems.
The equipment adopts advanced RO elements, pressure tank and other
devices, together with high efficiency, reasonable pretreatment and
sophisticated desalination equipment, which can produce the product
water that complies with GMP standard. The pharmaceutical water
system can be set to automatic or manual operational mode.
It can automatically control raw water pump, high pressure pump,
and pure water pump. The system also has function of automatic
on/off, cleaning, high and low voltage protection, thermal
protection, liquid level control, etc.
Features of Pharmaceutical Water System
1. Low and stable conductivity value can be reached.
2. High efficiency of producing pure water, which could reach 70%
3. Each unit with a sample point ensures the inspection
4. The pharmaceutical water system could be set into self
circulating stand-by state within low-flux, which could have a
shorter response time when restarted.
5. Save energy.
6. High manufacturing quality: all joints use automatic orbital
argon-arc welding and conforming to the 3D standards.
7. The equipment can drain completely.
8. Module design and compact conformation.
9. Perfect control system can guarantee the stable running of
10. The double softener design can keep the next equipment running
11. Double pipe pure water supply, internal circulation for the
purified water generator can be achieved.
12. Fully automatic control and sterilization.
13. Unique hygienic internal circulation design.
14. Our pharmaceutical water system complies with requirements of
FDA, EU-GMP, etc.
Certifications, Guidelines and Standards
The pharmaceutical water system is designed to produce purified
water in accordance with the existing Chinese Pharmacopoeia (2010
version), FDA and United States Pharmacopoeia (USP-36). Drinkable
water is used as the inlet raw water, after pretreatment and
purification, the drinkable water is made into pure water which
meets requirements of URS.
2. Design Reference Standard
The system design, installation and documentation are fully in line
with the GMP regulations and guidelines settled for a
pharmaceutical water system.
Requirements of GMP on water treatment equipment for pharmaceutical
1. The structure of pharmaceutical water system should be simple,
reliable, and easy to install and disassemble.
2. For the ease of disassembling, changing and cleaning parts, the
design of actuating mechanism should adopt standardized, universal,
systematized components and parts as much as possible.
3. The inner and outer surface of the pharmaceutical water system
should be smooth with no dead corner, easy to clean and sterilize.
Surface of parts should be chrome plated or treated in other ways
for preventing corrosion and rusting. Avoid using paint on the
outer surface of equipment to prevent peeling.
4. The material which contacts with injection water must be high
quality low-carbon stainless steel or other proven material that
will not cause pollution to water quality. The injection water
production equipment should be periodically cleaned and the
cleaning effect b