- Q & A
OverviewThe Mackie CR4 - 4" Woofer Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Pair) are a compact and portable solution for providing audio playback in home and studio environments for multimedia work such
as mixing music or doing sound for film. The pair consists of one passive un-powered speaker and one Class AB amplifier powered speaker that connect with an included 6' stereo cable. The monitors use 4" polypropylene-coated woofers and a rear port tube for the
low end and 0.75" silk dome tweeters for the highs to deliver a frequency response of 70 to 20,000 Hz with a maximum SPL of 100 dB.
A switch allows you to select whether the powered speaker will function as the left or right speaker which is helpful when having to position the speakers near power outlets or when deciding which side is preferable for the volume knob. A front panel LED power ring illuminated on/off switch and volume knob allows you to control level and a dedicated front panel headphone output that defeats the main speaker output can be used to expand the system's monitoring versatility.
A front panel 1/8" stereo input and included 1/8" to 1/8" cable allows you to connect your
smartphone or other mobile device directly to the monitors. Other equipment such as audio interfaces, CD players, or mixers, can be connected to the rear panel 1/4" TRS, 1/8" TRS, or RCA inputs. The monitors also come with an 1/8" stereo to RCA cable for connecting to a computer as well as isolation pads for
reducing the transmission of structural vibrations and allowing the
monitors to be tilted slightly up or down for a better listening angle.
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance
- 50 watts of clean, articulate stereo sound
- 4" polypropylene-coated woofer
- .75" ferrofluid-cooled silk-dome tweeter
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (70Hz - 20kHz)
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR4's convenient speaker placement switch